As today’s fashions are more revealing than ever -- and Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg are home to dozens of beachside resorts -- many of us are tired of unwanted hair. Now Bella’s physician-owned MedSpa offers a solution that is safe and affordable. Our hair laser reduction packages are safe, comfortable and unlike others, we offer individual treatments with no contract needed.
Until now, hair removal of larger body areas has been characterized by clinicians as potentially profitable, but limited in appeal – considered tedious by some and avoided by others.
The NEW High Speed LightSheer with its dramatically increased spot size of 22 mm x 35 mm combined with innovative vacuum-assist technology enables you to treat larger areas such as backs and legs comfortably in about 15-20 minutes, without topical anesthetics and treatment gel.
Please call Bella Med-Spa with any questions or concerns; we are always here to help you.
Laser Hair Reduction is not advised during pregnancy.
1. AVOID SUN EXPOSURE at least 2 weeks prior to appt., if exposed wear a minimum of SPF 30 if you are in the sun for any length of time, Also Avoid Spray Tan or any cream that changes the color of your skin. It is unsafe to treat tanned skin.
2. Shave the area the night before your appointment. We charge $25.00 per area to shave for you but please come early and inform us when you check in that you need this done or your appointment will be rescheduled with a $25.00 charge.
3. Female clients may find that they are more sensitive during or right before their menstrual cycle and may want to avoid making appointments during this time.
4. We offer a prescription strength topical numbing cream for sensitive areas or if you have a low pain threshold and want to get the best results possible and is available for only $25.00 per treatment with Doctor Approval. If you feel this would benefit you please tell your clinician and come 45 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time so we can apply it for you and it has time to provide the best result. You must inform us if you have ever had an adverse reaction to lidocaine or any other numbing agent.
5. DISCONTINUE THE USE OF ALL RETIN-A and HYDROQUINONE products 3 days prior to your appointment if it is being used on the area we are treating. If you are African-American and have received a peel, we recommend waiting at least 3 months until your next facial laser hair removal appointment. Chemical Peels may increase sensitivity to your skin.
Do not take antibiotics or medications that cause photosensitivity within 14 days of your appointment!!! If you are unsure of the side effects of medication you are on please call.
Only the hair follicles with hair in the active growth phase will be permanently eliminated. This means other follicles around the site can be activated at any time for a number of reasons such as stress, hormones, menopause, or heredity but once the treated follicle is destroyed it will never produce hair again.
It is important to follow the schedule your clinician advises, this is to ensure the hair is in the active growth phase for your treatments thus giving you the best results possible.
Everyone has skin that acts a bit differently throughout the course of the hair reduction process. This is why there is no way to guarantee any exact % of reduction for you although we can give you an estimate based on the manufacturers’ statistics and our knowledge. It is always best to get the 8 treatment package for the most reduction, although some people require more. Touch-up sessions are also available for areas treated priory.
You can expect to feel a sunburn like sensation for up to 24 hrs but usually goes away in just a few hours after the treatment. You can use a cool compress. If heat worsens please call 813-929-1500.
It is perfectly normal to be red with some raised bumps over the follicles. This is called follicular edema and will go away shortly after the treatment should it occur. This just means you had a very effective treatment and those follicles will most likely not grow back.
The use of anything cold will help. Aloe gel is recommended and will also hydrate the skin.
1. Avoid bathing or washing in very hot water. Use cool water to keep the area clean. Wash gently.
2. For 24-48 hours depending on your level of sensitivity avoid hot tubs, saunas, jacuzzi’s or anything hot and steamy. Do not cook over a hot stove after upper body treatments.
3. AVOID SUN for the next 48 hours to avoid formation of brown pigment spots. Your skin defends against UV rays by producing pigment, which will deflect some of the harmful rays. If your skin is injured or over traumatized it can over-produce pigment in those areas. This can result in hyper-pigmentation. ALWAYS WEAR SUNCREEN, at least SPF 30 UVA & UVB and re-apply often.
4. Do not shave the treated area for at least 4 days after treatment. Do not wax, pluck, or use depilatories for the hair that grows back. After laser treatment, hair may continue to grow out as if it were never even treated. Typically this will occur for about 2 weeks and then these hairs will simply fall out. Avoid any irritating medications or chemicals particularly on the face. Examples of these are Retin-A, Benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid or astringents.
Throughout the course of the treatments the hair may get thinner, lighter and grow in patchy. The hair will continue to reduce if you follow the treatment plan set up by your clinician tailored to give you the best amount of reduction possible for the number of treatments you have purchased. For cancellations to avoid a $25.00 charge please reschedule at least 24 hrs before your appointment, this is so we can accommodate all of our patients with appointments.
At Bella Medspa we offer a Complimentary Consultation
by our board certified medical director or our licensed medical esthetician, recommending a custom treatment plan to suit your individual needs and desires.
Learn More › ›
Dr. Yvette Suarez - Owner/Medical Director
Our clients experience is paramount. We reward them with the highest standard of quality and safety as well as each patient is treated with their own individualized plan.
Directions / Hours
Convieniently located in New Tampa, Bella Medspa is just minutes from away from I-75 and Bruce B. Downs.
Get Map › ›