LIP FLIP at Bella Excellence Med Spa in Tampa
What Is Lip Flip?
Lip Flip is a contemporary cosmetic treatment to enhance the upper lip. The neuromodulator of choice is injected along the upper lip only to relax the muscles creating a fuller upper lip. The relaxation of the upper lip causes the lip to roll, which makes it look fuller, especially when smiling. This treatment involves injecting Neuromodulators with an active ingredient called Botulinum Toxin Type A. Four of these neuromodulators are available for Lip flips, including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeuveau.
Which Neuromodulators Can Be Used in Lip Flip?
While BOTOX® has become the common household name for all neuromodulators, it is a brand for neuromodulators, not a treatment itself.
There are three other options available for your lip flip treatment. However, they all have a common active ingredient called Botulinum Toxin Type A. Besides BOTOX® the other options are Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau. They are almost similar in their mode of action, and their results have nearly the same lasting.
Lip Flip Vs. Lip Fillers
Some folks often confuse these two terms lip flip and lip fillers. However, they both are entirely different treatments. Lip flips involve the injection of Neuromodulators or neurotoxins. At the same time, lip filler consists of injecting Dermal fillers. While they both provide an attractively enhanced smile by causing the upper lip to tilt upward and unfurl, Lip flip doesn’t add volume to the lips that Lip fillers do.
What are The Benefits of Lip Flip?
- They show immediate results and don’t require much time for result onset.
- It makes your smile super attractive and full by subtly enhancing your upper lip and defining your existing vermillion border.
- It also has a wrinkle-reducing effect and stops the vertical lip lines above the lips. Thus, it smoothens the vertical lip lines.
- A lip flip enhances your lips when you smile. However, your muscles pull or flip your upper lip, especially when you’re smiling.
- Its cost is more affordable than lip filler.
- You can resume your normal activities after treatment.
How is Lip Flip Treatment Done?
It is a minimally invasive treatment where a thin needle injects the neuromodulator into the upper parts of your lips. The injection is also done at the corners and edges of your lips. Two to four units of Botox are typically inserted into your upper lip and the corners.
It is a quick procedure and takes approximately 10-20 minutes.
How Many Sessions of Lip Flip Treatment Are Required?
The result of this treatment typically lasts for 3-4 months. Therefore, you need at least three sessions a year to maintain the perfect pouty lips.
What are The Pre-treatment Instructions for Lip Flip?
Since lip flip treatment is a minimally invasive treatment, therefore, rigorous pre-treatment care isn’t required. However, you should follow the instructions to ensure the best results:
- Avoid medications and supplements that cause blood thinning and obstruct blood clotting. Ibuprofen and aspirin are two of them.
- Refrain from smoking and alcohol consumption for at least two weeks before the treatment.
- Don’t consume fish oil or multivitamins for one week before the treatment.
What are the Post Treatment Instructions for Lip Flip?
You should follow the below instructions to avoid any inconvenience and to enjoy optimum results:
- You will experience slightly swollen, sensitive, and numb lips. However, they only last for 24 hours.
- To alleviate inflammation, pain, and swelling, apply an icepack for up to 10 minutes,
- Don’t wear lipstick, lip balm, or any other product on your lips for at least one week.
- Avoid putting pressure on your lips and refrain from touching your lips, puckering your lips, and snipping from straw.
- Be careful while brushing your teeth.
- Don’t sleep with on your face.
*Note: If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any certain medical condition, always notify your provider about it before the treatment.
What are The Risk and Complications of a Lip Flip?
Although Lip flip is widely considered a safe and effective treatment, there might be some risks in certain cases. Here are some of the risks and complications associated with Lip Flip:
If a neuromodulator is injected too close to your mouth, those muscles will relax too much. This can make it difficult for you to speak, eat and drink. You may also get a headache as a side effect of Neurotoxins. In rare cases, some patients have discoloration and tenderness in their lips.
Lip Flip is an amazing cosmetic treatment to give elegance, charm, and beauty to your smile and face by making your lips look fuller. Four types of neuromodulators are used for this treatment: Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeuveau. This treatment is more advantageous than Lip filler because of its simplicity and cost-effective pricing. It lasts for 3-5 months and requires regular touch-ups.